Monday 11 May 2015

Posted by Shwetha on 10:02 1 comment

Aamras
Aamras is a well-known Maharashtrian, Gujarati and Rajasthani dessert with a slight variation in recipe. Its one of my favorite dish. It is normally served with puri and thus is famous as Aamras Puri. It is made with ripe mango pulp, sugar and cardamom powder. You can make it with any type of mango but I prefer Alphonso mango. It is served in almost every occasions, wedding, functions and parties, during summer season or you can say mango season.
Aamras

Last Saturday I attended one of my friend's reception party and there for the dinner, along with other delicious dish was Aamras Puri as well. It then clicked me that how I forgot to make this dish. On Sunday the first thing that I made was this lovely dish. As I said above, it is served with puri but it also goes well with chapatti, roti or have it as a dessert. It is best served chilled.

How To Make Aamras?

Aamras

Ingredients


Alphonso Mangoes - 3 (Or Any Mango Of Your Choice)
Sugar - 5 Tsp Or As Per The Sweetness Of Mango
Cardamom Powder - 1/4 Tsp

Instruction


Wash and peel mangoes. Cut mangoes in small pieces.  Put it in a blender with sugar and blend it till smooth.

Now transfer it to a bowl and add cardamom powder. Mix well.

Transfer it to refrigerator and chill it.
Aamras

Your Aamras is ready to serve.
Serve Aamras Puri

Serve it with puri, chapatti or roti.

Note:
  • If you want it little then add 1 to 2 tbsp of milk
  • You can even add saffron and dry ginger powder.
Categories: ,

1 comments:

  1. Its mouthwatering!! I love aamras.. Thanks for the share :)

    ReplyDelete